The Preacher Curl takes you back to the old-school days of biceps workout. The Preacher curl is so effective that the position of the curl ensures that the biceps does all the work without any assistance. It helps increase definition, mass, strength and power of the biceps and here is how to perform this exercise
Focus: Increase mass, strength, and power of biceps
Equipment: EZ Bar
Main Muscle: Biceps
- Set the bar on the part of the preacher bench you normally sit on.
- Align the EZ bar properly; ensuring it does not fall by checking its stability.
- Position yourself in front of the preacher bench at a 45 degree slant with your stomach and upper body pressing against the front of the preacher bench.
- Position your feet firmly on the floor with your upper arm resting on the top of the preacher bench.
- Grasp the barbell with your arms and palms facing upward. The distance between your hands should be shoulder width apart.
- Exhale and at the same time lift the barbell until your biceps is fully contracted.
- Hold this position for few seconds and squeeze your biceps.
- Inhale and slowly bring back the barbell to its starting position.
- Repeat the procedures.
- When performing the preacher curl, Lift the barbell slowly and in a controlled fashion.
- Avoid arching your back or driving your shoulders too forward throughout the exercise.
- Watch your elbows and ensure they are fixed and stable throughout the exercise.
- Your upper arm should remain flat on the bench pad throughout the exercise.