Close-grip EZ bar curl is perfect when it comes to developing arm strength and size. The primary muscles involved in this exercise are the biceps brachia and the brachialis. The secondary muscle is the forearm. Stabilizers during this exercise include wrist flexors, finger flexors and the front deltoids.
Focus: Developing biceps strength and mass
Equipment: EZ bar
Main Muscle: Biceps
- Stand upright, holding an E-Z Curl Bar at the handle. Due to the shape of the bar, the palm of your hands will be slightly tilted inwards. This is the start position.
- With your elbows close to your torso and your upper arms stationary.
- Inhale and at the same time curl the weights upwards by contracting your biceps.
- Continue curling the bar until your biceps is fully contracted.
- Hold this position for some seconds and squeeze the biceps.
- Slowly return the bar back to the starting position while inhaling.
- Repeat the steps as required in your session.
Variations: Variations for the barbell exercise includes widening your grip or decreasing it. Also these procedures can be performed by attaching the E-Z to a low pulley.
- Do not swing your hips during lifting.
- Your upper arms should remain stationary. Emphasis should be placed on keeping the elbows fixed and stable.
- Movement should be controlled and not fast or jerky. Taking the movement slow provides enough resistance needed in building stronger and bigger muscles.
- Your feet should be planted firmly on the ground.
- Maintain good posture by keeping your back straight and chest out throughout the exercise.
and that is how you properly execute the close-grip ez bar curl.